Making a monthly meal plan doesn’t have to be hard. You don’t have to pay someone else to give you a list of meals your family may or may not (read: probably won’t) eat. You can do it yourself, in 5 minutes!
Plan your family’s entire month of meals in 5 minutes!
When my BFF shared this idea, my immediate reaction was, “Duh! Why didn’t I think of that!” It’s SO easy, yet we totally bypass this type of simple monthly meal plan for expensive subscriptions to services most of us don’t even use (with meals our kids won’t even eat). So my question is, WHY, when you can DIY it in 5 minutes?
- A pen and paper (or note app)
- A calendar for the month you’ll be planning out
What to do:
- Make a list of all of your family’s favorite meals (and a few extras you’d like to try)—need help? Read how to make meals your kids will actually eat, or reference our list of favorites below
- Pick one day a week to be “leftover day” and write it in on the calendar
- Disperse the meals from your list across the rest of the days on the calendar (adding “eat out” days as desired), repeating as necessary
NOTE: It’s not absolutely necessary to schedule out breakfast or lunch, but you can do that too if you want. We usually just have a selection of low-prep things on hand (like PBJ) for each and make whatever everyone’s interested in.
Bam. Done. Now wasn’t that easy?
Add a few of our fav recipes to your meal plan:
If you liked this tip, you’ll DEFINITELY want to check out Meal Hacks for Thrifty Moms.