Since leaving the US on Wednesday, August 26th, we’ve had some epic #jornieadventures. I know, it’s been more than a week… But 5 kids and international adjustments, y’all. ;) Check back here for highlights or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for daily updates. Wondering how we ended up on this adventure? Read the backstory.
- The day we left the US, we planned to be out the door heading to the airport at 5pm. It ended up being more like 5:30 but we still made it with just enough time to spare in all the necessary checkpoints.
- Our final pack concluded about half hour before we left. Okay, maybe I’m being modest. Probably more like 15 minutes. But in the process, our family in Texas threw me a send-off birthday party (my birthday was the 28th) and we all cried a bunch.
- We thought an overnight transatlantic flight was going to be perfect… But the only one who ended up sleeping through the night was the 2-month-old. Bad. Decision.
- The kids all did surprisingly well in general on the first leg, hardly any complaints about carrying their backpacks, and minimal attitude issues, thankfully. Jetlag was killer, but we all recovered fairly quickly.
- We had a full day planned in London, from our noon arrival until bedtime, that all got scrapped in favor of pizza and sleep. But it’s okay, we’ll be back. ;)
- Istanbul is GORGEOUS. The food is amazing, the people are warm and friendly, and the sights are incredible. We can’t wait to share more of it with you–cause this is just the beginning.
Things you might not know from the video
(Did I miss something? Let me know if you have any questions in the comment section, and I’ll add the answers to the post!)