Motherhood is not easy. Especially when you have sneaky kids who love to discover the most awkward personal items during the 5.3 seconds you’re not looking. But I have to say, they’ve been pretty inventive with what they’ve found… Even if it wasn’t mommy-approved. As they say, kids will be kids…
THINGS MY KIDS HAVE “CREATED” WITH MY PERSONAL ITEMS
If you’re the
bored crafty kind, you might even try some of these with your kids. That is, as long as you don’t mind the possibility of “that talk” later.
Oh and, I caught them in the act with several of these one day. Yes, with friends. You’ll want to see that video at the bottom.
- Skis. Who knew, period pads actually make AWESOME skis for sliding across hard floors.
- Safety “Pad”ding. Shin guards, knee pads, you name it. Never have to ice bruises again.
- Headgear. Was that a crown? A headband? A helmet without a top? Either way, very resourceful… I think.
- Paintbrushes. This may or may not have gone horribly awry. (Ragging. Enough said, period.) Don’t look at the west wall. And make sure they don’t get into any red paint or you may have flashbacks to their births.
- Mops. “Oh, no, mommy, I wasn’t playing with water just now. See, the floor is cleeeeean…”
- Clothing adjustment. Helmet too big? No problem. Want to fit into Mommy’s bra? Done. Need a little insurance against that next spanking? Whoa… Wait a minute. We don’t do that here… *cough*
- Masks. Superhero masks, animal masks, sleeping masks… The sky is the limit. Ok, who am I kidding, they’re not sleeping anytime soon. Hashtag wishful thinking.
- Bandaids. You know, for those REALLY big boo-boos. Add some masking tape and we’re good. (Ok so, I’m actually thinking this might be a really good addition to a first aid kit… No. Just no.
- Barbie beds. Not that we, like, own Barbies or anything. Or I own pads that large.
- Mass chaos. Where there are paper-related products and children, you can always expect a big mess. It’s like a molotov cocktail. Or maybe I’m just thinking of what I’m having after bedtime FINALLY arrives (kidding, 8 months pregnant… Yeesh, people!).
Ok, ok. Don’t say I didn’t warn you about this video. It’s like a toddler-run frat house gone horribly wrong.
If you’re not horribly scarred for life now, you’re probably wondering what I’m going to do about that entirely wasted pack of period pads. Well, it’s ok really, because 1) I’m preggo, and 2) I have something way better for those unavoidable LBL leaks anyway. You can even get a discreet sample mailed to you. Cause Poise is even more crazy than my kids in that video, and they just like giving away free stuff like that.
So go, recycle those period pads, and get something that’s actually made for LBL instead. Oh and you might want to get a lock for wherever you store your personal items. Mom of 4.8 talking here.
Want to read more funny stuff? Try 10 things people don’t tell you about having kids. So true and yet… I die a little.