This chili is a huge favorite with our family. We’ve tweaked the recipe over the years to get it just the way we like it, but at the heart is one of my hubby’s favorite childhood meals… And, I have to say, I’m sure my kids feel the same. Best part, it only uses one pot, and cooks up in an hour or less!
Quick Red Chili
Cook time: 1 hr 15 min · Serves: 4-6 · Yield: About 8-10 Cups · Meal: Dinner
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 4 cans Italian-Style Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can Light Red Kidney Beans
- Get out a big pot (5 qt or so), and brown the ground beef in the olive oil, adding the garlic and onion powder.
- While it’s cooking, rinse the kidney beans in a colander, and pulse the tomatoes a few times in a blender. You might have to do these in a couple batches if your blender jar isn’t very large.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add the tomatoes and kidney beans to the pot, plus the following spices…
- 1 heaping tbsp generic (light red) chili powder
- 1 heaping tbsp Mexene (dark red) chili powder
- 1 heaping tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
That’s it! We love to serve this with cornbread muffins and a bit of sour cream, but have also sprinkled shredded cheese on top or served it over rice. Corn chips are a great addition, too!
What are your favorite chili toppings?
Leave a Reply